Central Vermont New Directions Coalition is a non-profit substance use prevention organization dedicated to making a positive difference for youth and families.
Current initiatives include:
- Educating the community about the dangers of vaping and about opportunities and resources for quitting.
- Publishing a monthly article in the Times Argus about current topics related to public health, prevention and community building. See the latest article at Current prEvents
- Promoting safe disposal of unused and expiring prescription medications.
- Promoting “Sidewalk Buttlers,” on Montpelier streets for safe and proper disposal of cigarette butts.
- Supporting town and city policies that promote healthy behavior, eliminate secondhand smoke and reduces stigma of substance use disorder.
Washington Central Friends of Education supports and serves as the fiscal agent for Central Vermont New Directions Coalition. See more on their website.